Usually my desk is taken over by a bunch of different little monsters in progress, but tonight it’s just one big fellah. This huge custom is going to have another (happier) face on the opposite side of the head as well. Love big orders! <3
1. Apologize when you hurt someone. Don’t apologize for laughing too long, or singing too loud, or missing a dance step. Never feel bad for trying your best and having a good time.
2. Your feelings are real. Even if you can’t understand the cause or if it doesn’t seem important enough, they’re still valid.
3. You’re human. You will make mistakes and you will have flaws. Be the best you can be, but you won’t be perfect, nor should you be.
4. No one’s dreams are more worthwhile than anyone else’s. Pursue what you love, even if others think it’s stupid.
5. There’s no shame in liking something. Or someone. There’s nothing wrong with crushing on someone because they’re hot, or loving a cheesy and predictable movie, or waiting in line for hours to buy the newest hot item. Don’t hide your interests or affections.
6. It’s not “just” for fun. Fun is as legitimate a cause as any.
7. It’s hard, but don’t beat yourself up about the past. There’s nothing you can do to change it, and it doesn’t have to define what you do in the future.
8. Don’t try to force yourself to stop caring about something before you’re ready. It doesn’t work and only creates angst.
9. Don’t hold yourself back to fit in. Find people who will love you for all of you.
10. Carpe diem.
How different things might be if, rather than saying “I think I’m in love,” we were saying “I’ve connected with someone in a way that makes me think I’m on the way to knowing love.” Or if instead of saying “I am in love” we say “I am loving” or “I will love.” Our patterns around romantic love are unlikely to change if we do not change our language.
― bell hooks, All About Love: New Visions
"I chose the impossible. I chose… Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor. Where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality. Where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well."
In 2013 camera crews gained access to a highly secretive society.
They were granted protection by the subjects of the film.
This is what the witnessed…
What We Do In The Shadows (2014)
Have I told you lately that you should go and see this movie? No, I haven’t. Because I haven’t been on Tumblr in AGES.
Go and see this movie.